Diamond Tools and cBN Tools
MT Bond Wheel
The MT Bond Wheel is a metal bond wheel developed in pursuit of the ultimate cutting ability.
It cuts much better than the resin bond wheel, has longer life and offers highly efficient grinding of various materials that are difficult of grind.
- ・The diamond wheel is most suitable for highly efficient grinding of ceramics, cemented carbide, cermet, etc. and the cBN wheel for highly efficient grinding of difficult-to-grind materials such as various kinds of hardened steels.
- ・Compared with resin bond wheels having about the same grain size, the grinding force is smaller and the fine grains cut well.
- ・Five types of bonds; MT10 to MT50 are available to meet various applications and grinding operations.
- ・Automotive & machinery parts (Steel, casting, sintered alloy): Surface grinding (VSRT), double disc grinding, flat face honing
- ・Finishing of eye-glass lens edges (Plastic lens, glass lens)
- ・Ceramics (Alumina, silicon nitride, silicon carbide, zirconia): Surface grinding (horizontal grinding), surface grinding (VSRT), double disc grinding, etc.
- ・Tool materials (Cemented carbide, cermet, high speed steel): Flute grinding, chipbreaker grinding, nick grinding, etc.
- ・Optical & electronics parts (Sapphire, glass, crystal, quartz): Surface grinding (horizontal spindle), surface grinding (VSRT), double disc grinding, cylindrical grinding
- ・Magnetic materials (Ferrite, neodium): Surface grinding (VSRT), double disc grinding, flat face honing
- ・Semiconductor devices, wafers (Silicon, sapphire, other compounds): Surface grinding (VSRT)