Diamond Tools and cBN Tools
Ultra-Precision Cutting Tool BL-UPC
Employs SumiDIA Binderless for the cutting edge of UPC
Realize tool life improvement of mirror finishing and nano-/micro-cutting of cemented carbide
Features of SUMIDIA Binderless
- ・Fine grains of several tens of nanometers are firmly and directly bonded together.
- ・Harder than single-crystal diamond.
- ・No anisotropy and specific cleavage.
Features of BL-UPC
- ・Superior chipping and wear resistance to single-/polycrystalline diamond.
- ・Sharp cutting edge equivalent to UPC (single-cystal diamond)
- ・Free from uneven wear caused by crystal orientation due to no anisotropy.
・Molding for cemented carbide glass lenses
・Large molding for prism sheet or light guide plate (LGP)
・High-hardness and brittle materials
Surface roughness of cemented carbide
Sharp cutting edge equivalent to single-cystal diamond
Flank wear comparison after cutting Cemented Carbide
Characteristic comparison of cutting tool matrials
|2.High temperature hardness||○||○||◎|
|4.High thermal diffusibility||◎||○||◎|
|5.Sharpness of cutting edge||◎||×||○|