Diamond Tools and cBN Tools
Ultra-Precision Cutting Tool UPC-Nano Tools
With their cutting edge form accuracy on the order of nanometer and extreme sharpness, the UPC-Nano microforming tools produce excellent surface roughness and straightness, which cannot be obtained using photolithography or ion-beam methods.
- ・Highly precise grooving unattainable by photolithography or ion-beam methods.
- ・Ultrafine straight grooving of 900 nm (0.9 μm).
- ・30-μm wide flexible grooving.
- ・Three dimensional precision machining by R30-μm ball endmill.
- ・Highly efficient one-pass machining of elliptical, aspherical and concave round shapes.
・Hologram diffraction grating molds, waveguide molds, micro lens array molds
・Micro-TAS and its molds, free curve submillimeter lens
・LCD display optical film forming rolls
・Nano-imprint molds, micro machine parts
An example of straight fine grooving
Enlarged view of cutting edge width 900 nm
(Length 5 times the width can be manufactured)
An example of fine curved grooving (Minimum width 30 μm of grooving as derided)
An example of micro lens array (Processing of dimples of corner R 30 μm)
Elliptic cutting edge
Cut surface of continuous concave/convex surface
An image of cutting