Diamond Tools and cBN Tools
Double Disc Metal Bond Wheel for Electric-Discharge Truing “MB Spark”
The MB Spark has higher abrasive grain holding power of the metal bond wheel than the resin bond wheel, and the employment of the abrasive layer structure suitable for electro-discharge truing realizes highly accurate and highly efficient grinding.
- ・Double disc grinding enables highly accurate and highly efficient grinding and realizes long tool file.
- ・The amount of industrial wastes is reduced since sludge is not produced from the grinding wheel during truing.
- ・The amount of wear is less than the resin bond wheel to improve the retention of the flatness of the abrasive layer.
- ・The highly rigid special metal bond increases the abrasive grain holding power.
- ・The high grinding ability is maintained by high retention of abrasiveness due to electro-discharge truing.
・Workpiece: Air conditioner components, oil pump components for automobile, engine components for automobile
１. Longer truing intervals (Long tool life)
Compared with the conventional resin bond wheel, the MB Spark has higher wear resistance and keeps the flatness of the abrasive layer longer.
This feature extends the truing intervals significantly to make this wheel suitable for automated production lines.
Comparison of Grinding Capability
2. High truing performance
The MB Spark employs special low-melting metal bond suitable for electro-discharge truing to make the work time on a grinder shorter significantly.
Further benefits are attained with fine super-abrasives. Excellent flatness can be produced within a short period of time and highly accurate and high-grade grinding is possible.
3. Grinding Performance (High Grindability)
The MB Spark employs a highly rigid special metal bond that increases the abrasive grain holding power. The high grinding ability is maintained by longer retention of abrasiveness by truing.
This enables grinding under severer conditions than with conventional wheels, which contributes to efficiency improvement.
Conventional resin bond wheel
|Workpiece||Oil pump component
Iron sintered alloy,
equivalent to SMF4040
|Coolant||Soluble type, 40 times diluted|
|Total stock removal||0.2 mm (both sides)|
|Rough stock removal||0.19 mm (both sides)|
|Rough grinding speed||0.035 mm/sec|
|Finish stock removal||0.01 mm (both sides)|
|Finish grinding speed||0.015 mm/sec|
|Spark out||2 sec|